Brickspeed Forums
CAS for pushrod motor - Printable Version

+- Brickspeed Forums (http://brickspeed.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Market / Classifieds (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Vendor Section (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Forum: Yoshifab (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: CAS for pushrod motor (/showthread.php?tid=2205)

CAS for pushrod motor - twombo - 02-22-2013 01:59 PM

So, josh, what is the latest on these. I'd sure like one real bad! If there isn't enough demand for a production run, I'm still interested and we can discuss it off line.

RE: CAS for pushrod motor - sdturbo - 02-22-2013 03:12 PM

(02-22-2013 01:59 PM)twombo Wrote:  So, josh, what is the latest on these. I'd sure like one real bad! If there isn't enough demand for a production run, I'm still interested and we can discuss it off line.

The latest is I am swamped with orders and builds. I need to sit down with a clear head and adjust the design. The more people that bug me the sooner ill find the time. I have been saying "soon" for a year, I should get on it.

RE: CAS for pushrod motor - gsellstr - 02-22-2013 03:42 PM

I honestly have no feedback for you on mine Josh. It went in like butter, setup was a breeze.

I've got a local down the street that will ante up for one when you get ready to do a run as well.

RE: CAS for pushrod motor - sdturbo - 02-22-2013 04:07 PM

The issue is yours uses donor parts. Core for the 240 distributors is getting to be slim pickings in the yards. I clean out the yards down here every few months. The pushrods are much simpler than 240s but the cores are harder to find. This means making the shaft, bushings, and drive. The drive is what I need to nail down.

RE: CAS for pushrod motor - gsellstr - 02-22-2013 05:42 PM

What about the VW market? Anybody making the drive setup for those? Seems like they run the same offset drive and shaft setup as the B20's. Just a thought...

RE: CAS for pushrod motor - twombo - 02-23-2013 12:55 AM

(02-22-2013 05:42 PM)gsellstr Wrote:  What about the VW market? Anybody making the drive setup for those? Seems like they run the same offset drive and shaft setup as the B20's. Just a thought...

Ya mean like in a 009 dist? That has passed through my mind. I haven't had the dimensions of the other critical parts or I would model it and build one. It's a diddly task but durable. Just as soon get josh' s product. I'm breaking my motor in right now.

If I can help the process, let me know!

RE: CAS for pushrod motor - gsellstr - 02-23-2013 01:56 AM

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking on the 009. Might be a good alternate source.