Brave Sir Robin
Shifted Offline
Shoganai...

RE: Brave Sir Robin
Yes those Japanese precision instruments are hard to beat. Big Grin

Sure is gooped on there, wow, no wonder the sandpaper turned it's tail and ran.

Bullshitters have been keelhauled.
01-29-2012 10:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coupe' de Tat Offline
bourbon the other foodgroup

(01-29-2012 10:04 PM)Shifted Wrote:  Yes those Japanese precision instruments are hard to beat. Big Grin

Sure is gooped on there, wow, no wonder the sandpaper turned it's tail and ran.

sandpaper is still very much part of the fun, i also found the sack of abrasives that go on the power drill so will will have easier time with the remaining door piece, second set. i just lucked out is all, the finish was essentially falling off of this one.

after a few light passes with the 100 you can see the few tiny finish chips remaining and the crazing and cracking on the veneer. if you tap on it makes a papery sound, oh well i'll replace this one too just for fun wheeeeeWrench

[Image: crazed10.jpg]
01-30-2012 11:23 PM
Coupe' de Tat Offline

disappointing day at the track. heat soaked, bog at the line, i could feel it pulling timing up top, or something else going on... not its usual "fast self". after waiting all damn morning for one pass it was a 17.333, so i got disgusted and left FUCKIT
02-04-2012 07:42 PM
Coupe' de Tat Offline

the entry from team heavy and slow. must improve!FacepalmIcon_scratchWrench
[Image: acd02010.jpg]

maybe attending the winternationals will inspire me somewhat, idk.

edit: and the opponent was a dark gray 40th anniversary mustang on drag radials, this should have been fairly easy to pull off the upset
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 11:21 AM by Coupe' de Tat.)
02-10-2012 11:17 AM
volvoDouche69 Offline
Resident Corvette Fanatic

Time for a high stall converter Smile
02-10-2012 03:49 PM
harribert Offline
Now with moar Honda.

That's embarrassing. My 244 did low 16s without the turbo Tongue

Harald

Uberhoopt; '91 244 -- GONE
Honda Fit (to be nicknamed) '11

Quote:Originally Posted by Inc3pt
You talk so much **** it's amazing
Carry on.

Quote:Originally Posted by Quin
when harald's telling you not to be a bitch, you know you're being a bitch
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 05:57 PM by harribert.)
02-10-2012 05:57 PM
WindowsBreakerG4 Offline
Cookies Required

Looks like the track was slow that day too. I'd have thought that mustang would have run better than a 15.

Volvo Documents, a growing collection

Karl Buchka Wrote:Matching gasoline is the new matching numbers.

MIKEHOWELLS! Wrote:I think the underlying cause of this is allowing too many N/A users on the board.
02-10-2012 06:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coupe' de Tat Offline

(02-10-2012 05:57 PM)harribert Wrote:  That's embarrassing. My 244 did low 16s without the turbo Tongue

remind me again how many points you put up on the board last year oh yeah that's right zero.TongueTongueCatfight

(02-10-2012 06:04 PM)WindowsBreakerG4 Wrote:  Looks like the track was slow that day too. I'd have thought that mustang would have run better than a 15.

everyone was complaining about somethin', but what's new?
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 09:13 PM by Coupe' de Tat.)
02-10-2012 09:12 PM
badvlvo Offline
Always Because Racecar

Soooooooooo when are you going to make it faster?

I know the meaning of life.
02-10-2012 10:31 PM
Coupe' de Tat Offline

hopefully before march 3, next track day, i still have a issue or two to work on and a couple more tricks i can throw at it before then.

my dyno session was useless toward getting a closer tuned chip made since i never was able to my hands directly on the data, better luck next time i guess. still rounding up some more raw materials for the custom AMM and trying to figure out what diameter to make it vs. what size injectors to order.
02-11-2012 12:31 AM
volvoDouche69 Offline

Get a amm housing fro. A v8 Mercedes Benz they are 82mm I.d. or get a lh2.2 maf from a prv
02-11-2012 05:01 AM
Coupe' de Tat Offline

already using the bigger one so if i need anything bigger beyond here, it's going to have to be made
02-11-2012 10:13 AM
badvlvo Offline
Always Because Racecar

Maybe it's time to take the plunge into truly programmable EFI. I ran better times than that with nothing but an exhaust, timing mods and a 50 shot.
Something isn't happy there, the big bog and long 60' shows something not so right.

Or just hose the hell out of it and let the nitrous tune it up.

02-11-2012 10:42 AM
Coupe' de Tat Offline

i ran much better times than this on the stock t3*, i might have to put that stuff back on briefly anyway.Tired

my plan is to figure out the "happy" AMM/inj combo, put to dyno, and then get a "dialed" chip from Simon. like i said before i still have a couple things to check out thoroughly and adjustments yet to perform tuning-wise before we go catapulting the entire GDP of Greece at it (again) and just when i'm getting it saved up (again) for the paint/interior... wow it would be so cool to drive a car that the paint doesn't look like shit for a change.

please take into account that i'm just barely getting "a car" put back together here, you remember what this thing was like when i got my hands on it!?! it's nice to have things working like gauges heat air conditioning et al. so i don't think i will be diving right into installing a new custom tqconv or fullEMS for now, i am just keeping things moving forward and trying to stay ahead of repairs, and hoping to have some more fun along the way.

* for reference
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 12:37 PM by Coupe' de Tat.)
02-11-2012 11:53 AM
badvlvo Offline
Always Because Racecar

I know how the finances can slow projects like this, my car is taking forever to finish.
Your car has come a long way and it is still moving forward, better than many budget paced builds these days.

02-11-2012 01:14 PM
volvoDouche69 Offline

I mbenz housing that you can drop the stock sensor into
02-11-2012 02:11 PM
volvoDouche69 Offline

I mean those holsets do not spool very well on a stock exhaust manifold with a stock torque converter off the line. Personally I would take the step to standalone or at least lh2.4 and a high stall converter if you plan on running the auto trans with the holset. Me and mike and others are getting great results and 1/4 mile time s
02-11-2012 02:21 PM
Coupe' de Tat Offline

look: you guys are trying to solve a minor problem with a major solution, i'd be perfectly happy with when it spools if it simply didn't misfire and fall completely flat on it's face at the starting line. sure 2.4 is nifty /fingertwirl BUT 2.2 IS WHAT WE'RE USING HERE PEOPLE so put away your 2.4 easy completion playbook and get out the ancient history reference encyclopedia because i got work to do and the above advice borders on annoying, just like offering advice to kjet people on how to make their car faster by upgrading it to LH, yeah, no.

by the way, you ever try to actually "drop" a 2.2 amm "sensor" into anything? the little fucker is welded together on the inside, it's a challenge and a half just to get one apart without breaking or melting it.
02-11-2012 03:36 PM
volvoDouche69 Offline

ive assembled a few mafs or so and all work perfectly and would be more then happy to do the same for you if you wanted Smile

[Image: photobucket-3750-1322448177809.jpg]

and have you tried the resistor trick on your current maf. what size injectors are you running?
02-11-2012 09:25 PM
Coupe' de Tat Offline

nice work there! i already have a fabricator retained for this one, thanks for the real offer of help!

people say that resistor trick is a sham and everyone i hear about it from specifies a different value for it, the best idea i heard so far was throwing the pot(entiometer) on it. i like to deal more with constants within the expected range, so sizing the injectors up to a bigger amm is my stragedy. i know the browntops i run now (@ 2.5bar, which they really seem to like) won't deliver the power i want but should outperform what i had before, right?
02-11-2012 10:02 PM
volvoDouche69 Offline

Hmmmm last time i ran browntops with a 3inch maf the car ran horribly. it would lean out very fast and misfire and fall flat on its face, i do not know if upgrading your maf size will help you. you have a wideband in yourt car? i know when i was on lh 2.2 i never upgraded any thing as far as maf, injectors, and chips and i had the ol garrett 60/63 at 15psi and never really ran out of fuel on greentops.
02-12-2012 12:31 AM
Coupe' de Tat Offline

my previously vented skinny rod block says otherwise about running out of fuel on the green tops, we all know those do 14-15psi and that's it. i don't have the wideband in yet but when the car was put on on the DYNO it was rich all the way up to the revlimiter.

stealth progress edit

badvolvo: and don't think for one second that i have not already considered the "easy" way out with the AEM EMS4, that shit is even on my ebay watch. this project is moving in forward in stages, albeit slowly

ordered:
4" mandrel bent al pipe 6061 3mm wall
4" silicone coupler, 5 ply, black
4" silicone hump hose coupler, black
4" silicone 90* bend
4" inlet x 9" AEM Dryflow cone filter
gang's all here. measure twice, cut off, mark up and send for fab

when the babby is in my hands i will measure the exact ID's and do the math myself down to the cunt hair, order injectors. enough with the rumors and approximations! i conduit

dawn patrol stealth edit- interim progress, goofing off, and tests report
'wet' ECU swapped for 'dry', static ign timing 14*, base fuel pressure 43.5psi
pre-dawn romp reveals the 'usable' off the line performance i'm looking for but it doesn't feel as 'juicy' on the freeway. pulls well up top though, enough to get in big trouble. danger to manifold, it glows a little moar now, so perhaps we advance a degree of timing, put the diagnostic LED back in it and drive it around some more tonight.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 11:14 AM by Coupe' de Tat.)
02-12-2012 09:13 AM
Coupe' de Tat Offline

2nd place for 700/900modified at Davis 2012! props out to everyone who made this possible!!!

car performs admirably gobbling up a thousand miles of open highway like nothing and effortless 80mph, 21mpg average including mountain.

as shown
[Image: second10.jpg]
04-30-2012 06:53 AM
WolfDK Offline
Boost addicted Volvo freak

Congrats Beer Cheer

You deserved that bigtime Smile

If anyone doubt that statement read this thread from page 1.

Burnout

- Enough boost is a fine balance between fun and flying parts
04-30-2012 12:20 PM
coupid Offline

Congrats!

1991 780 Coupe stockish

1986 740GLE + 1992 B230FT + some other stuff SOLD
04-30-2012 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply