engine swap and mods
brickcupra Offline

engine swap and mods
Hi guys newbie here . I got a 92 wagon with a Toyota supra 7mgte /R 154 5 speed manual trans swap done within a 3.8 year span. Ive worked in it in my spare time. Other items done are re-drilled hubs and axles for a different wheel pattern for a Nissan 17 inch rims. Mazda 6 seats with matching center rear sear cover stitched by yours truly. Brakes from Toyota Camry, Honda , Nissan Maxima and Pathfinder,Subaru, Volvo, Suzuki and Infinity. Custom made short shifter using a 3/8 aluminum plate and the shift levers from Tacoma and Mustang. Converted to Manual using 3 different pedals custom made to fit the hydraulic clutch system and pedals from Mazda RX8. Re engineered the brake pedal to fit under the steering shaft. Custom re engineered Toyota supra motor mounts.Driveshaft was reworked using the same original , but adapting a fork from a 4 runner made to fit the 2 inch tube. Rear end has been swapped with a locker from a 940 with an aluminum cover and sealed the speed sensor due to the GPS controlled 6 gauge speedometer including a beefier sway bar and new shocks.Rear suspension has been modified using stainless heavy duty tubing and 1 inch bolt to adjust as needed. Dodge neon fan/ radiator combo( testing till I order a double row one)and a trigger sensor form a 86 maxima in which turns the fan as needed. Radiator cap and assembly from a kia soul. Alternator is a 140 amp Chevrolet adapted to fit the original Toyota bracket. Power window switches have been made to fit from the lighted 850 Volvo ones, rears are lighted but they came from Range Rover Discovery. Fuel line has been ungraded to a Saturn Vue stainless line with fittings and in tank fuel pump , removing both old ones. coolant hoses form different models and used as needed.
Tail lamps bought in a super bargain almost new and converted the lights to leds.
Leds also in the main front panel switches. Led interior panel and a/c system is in the works with a compressor from a volvo 960.Intercooler form a Mazda speed. Front bumper has been reinforced with steel welded in the shocks and also a custom made push guard( I am a welder) . Twin exhaust from a Subaru BRZ with custom made 2.5 exhaust. HID lights and a customized lighted Headlight switch with brickcupra in the knob handle.Thats what I can remember form it by head. Any thing else will add later.
Take care and enjoy the fourth of July
DZrunawayFingersx
07-02-2020 11:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply